DGS Executive Leadership
The Diversified Growth Solutions executive team has over 100 years of collective expertise and practical experience in Insurance, Capital Markets, Project Finance and Risk Management disciplines. Acting as a process consultant, DGS helps Clients achieve their financial objectives through the design and implementation of unique funding solutions.
John L. Schilhab
President & CEO
- Managing Director, UniSource Partners, LLC - product and business development consultancy
- CMO/EVP, Trendshift Marketing Partners - marketing and business development in the healthcare meta-data analytics industry
- EVP, BioSignia Inc. - led two evidence-based, predictive healthcare product technologies targeted at large employer markets
- SVP of Business Development, The Kessler Group - product and business development for affinity insurance product lines
- VP of Product and Business Development, GE Financial / Genworth
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Houston
John provides DGS with strategic and executive leadership derived from 25+ years of both corporate and field experience in financial services and the U.S. insurance industry. In addition to providing key input to marketing and business development activities, John is Black Belt trained in Six Sigma process, providing structure and oversight to internal efforts supporting those activities.
Years of high-profile corporate leadership responsibilities have allowed John to develop an impressive national network of colleagues and contacts. This network serves John and the DGS organization well as a source of distribution and industry feedback.
In addition to other professional affiliations, John has served as President of the Board of Directors for The Cibolo Nature Center & Farm, a nationally respected education and conservation non-profit organization.
EVP - Admin, Operations & Chief Actuary
- Principal, Diversified Growth Solutions, a marketing and actuarial consulting operation
- Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Secured Independence, Inc.
- Vice President, Life Reinsurance: Aon Re Worldwide and Capital Re Corporation
- Vice President, Investor Relations: American International Group, USF&G Corporation, and Home Holdings, Inc.
- Vice President, Life Insurance: AIG Domestic Life Insurance Companies
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Drake University
As EVP, Larry brings more than 30 years of relevant experience in product development, marketing, sales, financial modeling and technical aspects of project finance, insurance, risk management and investor relations. Throughout his career, Larry has been a "pioneer", working with colleagues to develop and implement new product lines, marketing platforms, and delivery mechanisms for new solutions. Larry launched DGS in 2008 as a sole proprietorship, focusing principally on life/health and commercial property & Casualty insurance-related consulting engagements. In 2017, the company was converted to its existing partnership form.
Larry is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA), a former Senior Roundtable Member of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI), and a Diversified Cash Flow Specialist (DCFS). He holds memberships in a number of insurance industry trade associations and was a member of the Board of Directors of a prominent investor relations and proxy solicitation firm earlier in his career.
J. Clark Smith
VP - Product Specialist & Capital Markets
- President, Inner Circle Guaranty, a financial solutions provider for the motion picture production industry
- VP, Rose Rodriguez & Hunnewell, a public relations firm serving the financial industry
- Independent Broker, creating / distributing financial products utilizing life settlements as an underlying asset class
- Series 3 Commodities Broker, Rudolf Wolff Securities
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, University of Virginia
Clark is primarily dedicated to the successful creation and placement of capital markets and finance solutions that address DGS Client objectives. He is a primary contributor on the team that has developed a continuous flow of new and innovative financial products and structures. In addition, Clark manages key bank, investment bank, and other partner relationships critical to delivering successful Client outcomes.
Clark has relevant experience in the banking, insurance and capital markets industries. He has worked with insurance premium finance companies to arrange $200 million of loans in aggregate. In addition, Clark had previously developed both a new fixed income investment product for institutional placement using life settlements and annuities and a municipal bond designed to be redeemed by the proceeds of life settlement portfolios.